Okay. So yesterday wasn't all that productive - but, it totally surprised me and turned out great. Nice save, Monday. It was raining and gloomy and damp and that was okay because a couple of really good things happened...
1. MY NEW JEANS ARRIVED. Okay. This might seem like a very, very minor point, but I ordered fancy maternity jeans on Ebay and they arrived. WHY DID I DO THIS? Because I'm a Jeans-and-t-shirt girl. I have great jeans - not expensive jeans - GREAT JEANS. I am comfortable in jeans. I wear jeans to business meetings. Jeans are my thing and right now I CAN'T FIT INTO MY JEANS. So, I'm wearing workout pants and cargo pants and all kinds of other acceptable pants... but, I have really been missing my jeans. (You can't wear heels with workout pants and feel sexy. You can't.) I bought 2 pairs on Ebay for significantly less than their $275 price tag at the maternity shops here AND THEY FINALLY CAME. Okay, only one pair fits - but, I don't care. I. HAVE. JEANS. And I feel like a normal person again instead of a bloated, thick, uglier version of my former self.
2. I SPENT TIME WITH KERRI. I like Kerri. She's due in about 2 or 3 weeks and she's just SO DARN LOGICAL and CALM and ADMIRABLE that I feel really lucky to be able to spend time with her. She's got a special place in my heart and my history and my understanding and appreciation for life. Last year, at her two year old son's funeral - she changed the way I looked at strength and love. THAT is pure and beautiful grace. (And! She gave me a bunch of baby stuff because they're moving to AUSTRALIA right after their new baby is born!)
3. DID I MENTION MY NEW JEANS?
4. TIBER RIVER and MICHELLE LALONDE. Yes. Michelle emailed yesterday morning asking if I might like to come into the shop for a complimentary massage because she heard my back was sore and SHE'S PREGNANT TOO and her back is also sore. (Thank you.) So, off I went to the beautiful Tiber River Naturals shop for a wonderful massage. Pure awesome. ALSO, they were sold out of the NEW bug repellent that Adriana invented - BUT MICHELLE GAVE ME THE TESTER to take because it's all natural and she knows that the fewer chemicals we can put into our bodies - the better. Especially it you're pregnant, I hear. Thank you so much Michelle!
5. CHAPTERS CAME THROUGH FOR ME. We go to the books store at least once a week. IN FACT, we have so many books that they are starting to take over the house. Business books. Fiction books. Design books. Building books. Story books. Financial books. You need a book? Start here. I found THREE (count 'em) THREE great reads.
Okay - so this is a pregnancy book. I have been bombarded with book after book after book about pregnancy (thank you and PLEASE STOP sending them to me). I counted them - I have 26. Some are scary. Some grossin' me out. Some are annoyingly correct and prissy. Some are boring. Some are very bossy. Some are pretty harsh. NONE of them have connected with me like this one. From the Hips. First off - it's well designed. The title is set in COOLVETICA (one of my favourite all-time fonts). It's got opinions from all camps and all sides and all kinds of people. It's UNBIASED and illustrated with a style and funk that keeps my entertained. COOL. This is my keeper.
Keri Smith is cool. I don't buy HOW-TO art books. Not becase I think I think I'm an expert - but, because the BEST way for ME to learn is to GET DIRTY. PLUS, I'm not all that keen on following instructions.
HOWEVER - this book is a step-by-step guide on how to wreck a book. Eeeek. I. HATE. TO. WRECK. BOOKS. No joke, I don't even fold the corners or crack the spines. This book is called Wreck This Journal. I thought it would be a fun way to get out of my comfort zone. I hereby do so solemnly swear to follow the instructions. THIS TIME. AT LEAST for a while. MAYBE.
My favourite poet. This books was on sale for $5. SO apparently, I am the only person that likes Kahlil Gibran! Good deal for me. Big thanks to Spencer Blair for his gift of Gibran that started me on this road.
See? Not bad for a sunless rainy day. Not bad at all.
Today: I'm going to get going RIGHT NOW. I'm going to make stuff and be busy and sit here in my new jeans. If you're waiting for an email back - I'm working on it. I currently have 87 emails to reply to and I have been having a LOT of trouble getting motivated. I'm going to change that today.
Cool shot of the clipboard Ronda sent me as a gift last week. Thank you. Thank you Ronda - it's BEAUTIFUL and I'm touched that you mailed it all the way to ME.
I feel a Tiplet coming on this afternon... check back.
Alright - let's GO.