1. Crash. I've been getting a lot of emails about this old guy. Crash (our boxer) is alive + well. And getting pretty grey (like his owners). He's a seasoned vet when it comes to winter and although he doesn't LOVE it - he's hardcore and no he doesn't wear dog booties or dog jackets or any of those kinds of things. He loves to get outside to play in the snow - he spends a fair bit of time exploring in the backyard but to round it all out - he spends the rest of his waking minutes by the toasty warm heater in the dog den. He doesn't get as much air-time on the blog these days because he's really good + polite + kind + a little less stinky and scoundrel-like than Norman.
2. Penn. This lady is testing us with her meltdowns. She loves winter and doesn't seem to want to come inside OR keep her mittens on. Both result in a lot of screaming. By her. And then by me. It's not pretty, but I imagine we will come to a compromise soon or she will lose her fingers.
3. Drifts. "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted." This great Mae West quote + favourite card is on my bulletin board (I can't find a link, sorry!). It's also crazy appropriate around here these days because we have A LOT of snow.
4. Snow. Speaking of the white stuff - this is the view from my studio window yesterday afternoon. Wow!
5. Mittens. There are approximately 16 pairs and 5 singleton mitts by our front door at the moment. Every size. Every colour. Every shape.
6. Gifts. The CUSTOM + MINI BUS ROLLS are arriving at their destinations and getting great reviews:
Hi Kal ! In my mail today was a parcel card ... followed by a brown tube ... and WOW !!! My mini bus roll. I LOVE IT !!!! I danced and squealed when I opened it ... I am truly in love with it. I (the magical creature) showed it to the Super Hero I live and laugh with. It is the mantra of our house and life. Thank you !!! Thank you ! - Pam
Wow! The bus rolls are much nicer in person than they appear online. Just wanted to share. - Glen
Kal, my dad is going to be so touched with the custom bus roll we ordered from you with his military postings. I can't wait to give it to him and see his face. Thanks for the perfect gift. - Julie
The bus rolls came today and they are nicer than I was expecting. I was going to give them as gifts, but now I think I will keep a few for myself. - Sharon
Beautiful bus rolls. My fiance will love it - your words said exactly what I felt but couldn't articulate. - Craig
They have been showing up in gift guides all over the place, too. Wow. It's a great gift and the CUSTOM versions are so perfect for creating unique keepsakes and gifts. You can find out more about them here. If you are hoping to give them as Christmas gifts - please order by December 5th to ensure delivery.
7. Wreaths. I've been feeling the need to get a couple of wreaths incorporated into our very subtle holiday decor. I tend to decorate on the minimalistic + monochromatic side... Dan tends to do the opposite. We will try to meet in the middle this year and decorate amicably. For the kids. ;)
8. The HOSE + HYDRANT print. This is a photograph I took a couple of weeks ago. It's something I've been waiting to do since 2001 shortly after 9/11. New York is close to my heart and my respect for firefighters is enormous. This photograph is taken from underneath the hoses as they are hung up to dry. I finally got my chance to get the shot that means something to me. It's gritty + tough + abstract enough that it fits in anywhere. Even in a house like ours full of toddler girls. It's the perfect gift for a firefighter. You can order it here.
HOSE+HYDRANT photograph print
- black + white original photograph of fire hoses hanging to dry
- professionally printed
- available in 3 different sizes
- includes FREE shipping
8x10 inch print price: $27 (includes FREE shipping)
11x14 inch print price: $37 (includes FREE shipping)
12x18 inch print price: $47 (includes FREE shipping)
Today: we are off to do a little holiday shopping + visiting which will hopefully be more productive than the last time we tried to do that and everyone came home crying. Wish me luck! I also stocked up yesterday at David's Tea so IF THERE ARE NAPS TO BE HAD - I will be indulging in some tea while the snow swirls outside. Yay!