Another weekend for the good books! June has been so much fun for us as a family - we are finding a groove and it's making life really enjoyable around these parts. Summer is sweet when you wait so many months under the snow. CanadaPost is still not delivering mail so as fun as June has been for our family - it has been a bit on the stressful + disappointing side as there are many posters and prints stranded somewhere in the system. But since I can't do a thing about it - I'm trying very hard to direct my postal anxiety towards noticing the things that are SO GREAT right now.
1. PENN. We visited a firehall on the weekend because one of our good friends is the best fireman in the world. I can say that because it's true. He spoils our girls (and their good friend Lucas) by letting them tour his truck and beep the horns and spray the hoses. THAT'S. SO. AWESOME. Penn just LOVES the firehall and it makes my heart smile to see her whizzing around checking out cool things like axes and hydrants. (Thanks Jared!)
2. OUTSIDE HOUSE90. Dan has been burning the candle at both ends. June is his busy month at work and when he gets home he races around like a beaver - building gates and trimming trees and tending to his gardens. That guy is awesome. He was busy on the weekend building us some pretty cedar gates in the first step to getting house90 in shape on the outside.
3. POET. I'm SO glad we went for a third small person. She's really amazing and I cannot even imagine life without her. She's been sleeping through the night. Eating babyfood. Swimming. Jumping. And I'm not sure if I mentioned it: SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT. That's a dream come true. Poet is definitely my favourite kid of the three. (I'M KIDDING. I totally like Penn better. Unless she's freaking out and then I will go with Poet again) ;) (TOTALLY KIDDING - I LOVE THEM ALL EQUALLY.)
4. PAINTING. This is a look at a painting I finished on Friday for our dining room. I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to go up for sale because it's fallen off the wall 4 times already. What the EFF? I use 3M hangers and they are AMAZING. I rave about them. I have never had a painting fall off the wall, but this one is the exception. No matter how many hangers I use at once. Sheeeesh, I can take a hint. ;) I'll post more about this one tomorrow.
5. PILOT. She's three and a half going on thirty-two. She's a budding artist and I'm going to see what I can do to keep the world from snuffing that light out. She asks to draw about ten minutes after she wakes up and has a collection of drawings and paintings she's working on at any given time. What a great age and what a fun kid. It's cool to see her attempt the things that scare her (like jumping into the pool or driving the fire truck) because she sees Penn attack them with out fear.
6. COLOURS. I just LOVE this piece. It's a bunch of paint chips that I cut up and stuck randomly in a frame I had laying around. It's artsy without being too painterly. Simple as all heck, but I really dig the colours and I like having something to balance out all of the paintings. Happiness is art of all different forms.
Today: Dan's brother (plus his wife + cute son) are visiting from Florida for the long weekend and I am so excited! I have a long list of errands and things to do so that we can be happily prepared and the weekend can run smoothly. I have lots of work to do in my studio... there are two paintings on the go and I am loving the push to get house90 spiffed up for visitors! Hurray for the last week of June! Yay!