LINES. Practice seems to be the line around here. We are all practicing. Pilot is practicing her letters. Penn is practicing her potty-trained freedom. Poet is practicing her steps. I am practicing my craft. And my patience. And my surrender. And all the good things that come with being a parent. The schedules got a little bumpy this week and I'm either getting better at rolling with things OR I AM DELIRIOUS. Because it was more manageable than maniac-making. It meant some late nights and some things that I didn't get finished yet... but it also meant a little bit of extra goodness with the ladies.
Things I learned this week:
- glow sticks are PURE MAGIC when you throw them in the tub and turn the light off. The girls told me I was the coolest person on the planet. (Don't tell him I told you, but Dan was as jacked as the girls about this little trick.) I saw it on Pinterest (via Ffffound!) and we pretty much had the raddest toddler rave EVER. I went out and bought a case.
- The glitter time-out jar WAS ALSO A HIT (thanks Beth Culpit on Pinterest!).
- squirrels in our 'hood tried to carve our pumpkins FOR US. They scratched/dug huge holes into our pumpkins. Maybe to crawl inside? Maybe to eat the seeds? Your guess is as good as mine. How strange.
- rolled oats are terrific in a smoothie!
- reverse psychology works wonders on toddlers when getting them to eat their green beans
- the LOVE-YOU-BECAUSE book is getting great reviews! I can't wait for the plus pack to be released soon.)
- coconut water MUST be an acquired taste. Right?
- babies are tough
- WORD TRAVELS FAST
- time is precious
Today: I am really, really, really HOPING that our nanny is feeling better so that I can hack away at my TO-DO list. November is only a couple of days away and I promised myself I would be caught up. I am visualizing this day being rockstar-productive and ending with a couple glasses of wine and my feet up. (Dear Frank the puppy - I am NOT VISUALIZING anymore puddles or piles. Thanks.)