Cheese! This photo is from our tree-trimming family moment last weekend. It was intense. We were all hopped up on last year's candycanes. It's probably the WORST photo in the history of man. I grabbed my dusty point-and-shoot to use the timer and realized that someone had smashed playdough on the lens. Or most likely boogers. Or WHO-KNOWS-WHAT. So we kind of look like a hazy bunch from the dirty thirties. No one looks particularly good. Poet looks stoned. So be it! Either way - it reminded me of a bouquet of things:
- tree decorating with toddlers is a free-for-all and should be approached like a game of hot-potato and whoopsy-daisy and oh-well. All good. BYOB FOR SURE.
- Penn's face lit up for EVERY. SINGLE. ORNAMENT. Even the ripped tissue paper that the ornaments were wrapped in earned some ooooooohs + aaaaahs from her. That was magic.
- this season is not about a day - it's about a FEELING.
- we're FEELING it.
- we started strong with our self-portraits + family shots in 2007 but have faded drastically.
- our dogs are fabulous and I'm so grateful
- if I'm deaf when I'm old it's because my kids are SUPER noisy.
- last years candycanes are SUPER DELICIOUS.
- 2011 was a heck of a year.
- LIFE IS GOOD.
It's a busy time for everyone. Don't go out in traffic like I did on Tuesday. I nearly lost my mind. Stay home and shop online. My ARTSHOP is full of good stuff. And more coming on Friday.
Today: I am not entire sure of my plan because I'm waiting on some info to start a big art job. In the meantime I am going to try to be a super-productive alien. I can do that sometimes. I'm building a SCRIPT superwall tonight and rocking around like an elf trying to up my holiday bustle so I can get everything in order. I LOVE winter so bad. ;)