This is the only corner of my studio that isn't a total disaster. Seriously. My studio and my MIND are both on the brink of explosion. So many things. And so many ideas to paint. Just so much. (Another post for another day.) I reserve these shelves by my desk for things that are currently on my mind or have special spots in my heart...
Top row left-to-right:
- The Widelux vintage camera painting. I love this one because it's dark and twisty. And actually - I think it looks like Batman's camera and I love that Jeff Bridges uses it.
- Owl line drawings. I finished a series of new owl line drawings last month for another series of wine labels in Australia. I simply LOVE line drawings. Love.
- The Hearts Wants What the Heart Wants. This is one of my favourite script art pieces and I had it framed. I scripted it right after our boxer, Crash, died last year. Which is probably a weird thing to associate the script with... but I like to look at it and remind myself that I don't always have to justify things. The heart wants what the heart wants and just to let life unfold. At the time, I was hurting so bad I needed to fill that hole with a distraction... so we got our puppy Frank. He's an adventure.
- You can barely see the wee little pieces of movable type by the red owl drawing, but they are there. A wooden P that I found in a warehouse just before Pilot was born and a metal K that was the victor's spoils of a long battle. I keep there there just so I don't lose them.
Bottom row left-to-right:
- The HELLO BABY books. These three books are the girls baby books and I keep them in my line of sight so that I grab them and write inside when the wind moves me. They books are designed to work that way. And so far - so good.
- Two new 30,000 feet paintings. Aren't they sweet? Just 12x6 inches and I was going to list them in my shop this week... but they look nice right there so I will just let them be.
- A plaster polar bear. I have polar bears on the brain. The ice is forming up north and they are getting ready to move. It's the change in the air. I'm working on a new polar bear piece for our living room and getting ready to embrace an adventure.
- There are two white books under the polar bear - they are a couple of my instagram books that I printed at blurb. I LOVE THEM. It's probably as close to scrapbooking as I'll ever get and MAN it feels nice to have hardcopies in my hand.
- Camera lens. I rarely pickup my DSLR anymore. I blame the iPhone. Oh, the photos are still so much nicer on a DSLR, but it doesn't fit in my pocket so the iPhone wins.
Today: I am off early for an appointment or two and then hopefully straight back into my studio to finish a painting. Or two. Or even THREE before I check out on an extended Thanksgiving weekend with my lovely ladybugs. The weather is supposed to turn and we need to collect some new winter gear to keep us cozy. Coffee first.