Hi + welcome. Thanks for visiting! This is my online journal. I paint, I draw, I photograph, and I imagine. I try to keep things current, real and pretty around these parts. I'm an artist. I'm a girl. I'm also a mom, a friend, a wife, a crappy cook and an unfashionable mess. But, that's okay. I work hard, I love harder and I adore this lovable life of mine.
This is new. In the age of a wild-west-internet it's a good idea to be clear about how I operate my online sites (lovelife.typepad.com, kalbarteski.com, kalbarteski.typepad.com, kalbarteski.bigcartel.com and my class blogs and password-protected sites).
- I care deeply about art + artists. I believe that art is magical and has value.
- I believe in the goodness of people.
- I don't believe sharing images on the internet makes them free for use. Images found on my sites (lovelife.typepad.com, kalbarteski.com, kalbarteski.typepad.com, kalbarteski.bigcartel.com and my class blogs and password-protected sites) are my own hardwork, my property and I am the copyright holder (unless otherwise stated).
- Please link with love.
- PLEASE, do not pin. I don't want my work shared on Pinterest where they claim the right to a "irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access, view, and otherwise exploit".
- I don't take theft lightly.
- I don't accept advertising dollars because I don't believe my life experiences can be bought or sponsored.
- Any comments I feel to be mean, nasty, argumentative, spam or advertising will be deleted with a poof of magical pixie dust and that will be that.
Now that the boring stuff is out the way - please know that I'm very nice. If you want to know about using a piece of art you've found here - please email me (art at kalbarteski dot com). If you want to know how to go about having custom work, collaborations or exclusive pieces - email me (art at kalbarteski dot com).
I'd way rather have a happy conversation early - than an ugly one later.
These are my terms. By visiting this site - you understand + agree to these terms.
*I reserve the right to change my terms, my mind and my direction.